Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
April 20, 2024, 03:12:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Squirrel!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Squirrel!!!!!!!!  (Read 154 times)
Watson

Woof!

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:51:02 am »

I think everyone knows how much I detest squirrels. Miserable tree-rats that taunt me and shake their tails and run along electric cables where they know I cannot possibly reach them.

Today, Squirrel came face to face with Me.

I didn't actually catch one, but it was caught just the same. Brett-man set up a trap, a clever metal contraption that he put up on the fence. My Lady made some delicious smelling stuff with peanut butter and put some in the trap. That was late last night.

This morning when I went out, I immediately knew something was happening. I charged into the garden and found the metal trap with a nice fat squirrel inside. This discovery sent me over the edge and I lost my puppy-mind. I barked and whined and shook like I had an affliction. Maybe I did; Squirrel Fever. I had only one thing on my mind:

Must...Kill...Squirrel.

Brett grabbed my collar and tried to haul me away, but I had the strength of 10 dogs and used a low center of gravity to hold my position at the trap. It took both hands and a mighty yank to get me off my feet and out of the garden.

The 'elephant ears' plant got trampled in the excitement. So did the spaghetti squash. So did a few other plants.

I was marched back into the house, but being locked inside was driving me mad. I whined and paced and moaned and barked. "Let me out!" I told the people, but the response was to "Shut UP!!" and "Go lay down!!!" I had unfinished business, so I lay by the door with my nose by the crack under it and tried to snuff up as much squirrel-smell as I could. He was still there, out in the garden still trapped in the metal cage.

At my mercy.

Which I have none.

Finally my Lady had to leave for work and I charged out the door with her. Back to the trap, back over the mangled elephant ears and squash. Now she's trying to haul me away, but I weigh almost as much as she does so it wasn't easy. I stepped all over her feet in the process of being dragged out. She picked up the trap/cage and set it on the other side of the walk where there were no plants. Now I'm up close and personal. Squirrel, meet Watson the Destroyer. Pray for your filthy diseased soul if you want. My nose was a mere few inches away from the squirrel, but the metal kept me from finishing him off. I barked and whined and chattered and moaned, making all kinds of noises I had no idea I could make. Yup, must be Squirrel Fever. Twitching and shaking and speaking in tongues.

I was made to go back inside. The squirrel was taken away in a car. When Brett returned there was no squirrel. He was gone, and I never had my chance to take him for a ride on the Jaws of Watson.

Hollow victory, but still, a victory none the less.

One down, many to go  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Dog is God spelled backwards

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:41:22 am »

LOL... Grin

You need to be careful of that squirrel fever, it can get you into a lot  trouble... Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:45 am »

Funny.... I get the exact same tremors when I see one of those tree rats in my bird feeder. The red mist comes and I go charging out the door like a .... a..... a.... demented Watson. I shout and scream and run towards the feeder like a mad dervish, waving my arms, clapping my hands. All the time they just sit there looking at me advancing toward them with a pitiful quizzical look on their cute little faces until just when I think I'm close enough to grab it and wring it's neck they **** their tail and go hopping across the grass like Pepe Le Pew on the trail of a hot **** cat.

I think the worst part is when they stop about twenty foot away from me and sit up to look back at me still snorting and pawing the ground like the baddest El Toro Loco ever seen. Then with a flick of the tail they skip away and climb the nearest tree to gloat and laugh. I hate the little bastards. Angry
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
CK2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:59:22 am »

Me too Fuzzy. Back on the mountain, when I saw the little bastard on my bird feeder, I would run out the front door (usually nekkid) waving my arms and stomping my bare feet (often in the snow) and yelling "Ugga Bugga!! Ugga Bugga!!" If they tried to hide behind the big tree trunk, I'd reach around quickly and grab 'em by the tail. That really pisses them off. Then they sit up on a branch barking and shaking their tail at me.

I live in the city now, so no, I don't do that particular dance anymore  Roll Eyes But my daughter will always remember the "Ugga-Bugga-da-Squirrel Show."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:01:29 am by CK2 » Report Spam   Logged

Life is good...
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 02:13:35 am »

But my daughter will always remember the "Ugga-Bugga-da-Squirrel Show."

Hmmm nekkid huh. I think if I ever saw that show it would stay with me for a long long time as well. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Ms JoJo
FuzzyLogic Photographer in Chief.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 02:21:39 am »

I like squirrels....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 02:43:45 am »

You would.... Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 07:52:59 am »

Watson it sounds like you are hard to control once you make up your mind.   Those tree rats only belong in certain places but they seem to be everywhere.
Report Spam   Logged
CK2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »

Caught another one last evening. Brett released it this morning to a nice wooded area out of town.

Stupid dog is outside right now, staring at the empty cage waiting for a squirrel to magically appear. Yes Watson, talking about you. Had to listen to you whine last night, and stare at us for hours, trying doggie mind control to 'Let the dog out'. Totally OCD.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is good...
Watson

Woof!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:26 am »

Squirrels are Crack for dogs. I'm addicted.

I like squirrels too Ms Jojo...for breakfast  Grin

Underdog used mind control to get food, but I don't think it worked. Worth a try though.

'Let...the dog...outside...let...the dog...outside...let...the dog...outside...'

Report Spam   Logged

Dog is God spelled backwards
Ms JoJo
FuzzyLogic Photographer in Chief.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 12:38:52 am »

LOL Fuzzy yes I would... and glad Brett let the squirrel go in a wooded area.....  My Hero.... Grin

I give the neighbor hood squirrels my address everytime I see them, but they havent come by yet....
Report Spam   Logged

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
CK2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »

Squirrel #3 has been successfully relocated.

I think we might actually have enough pears to can this fall! Pear butter most likely.
Report Spam   Logged

Life is good...
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:58 pm »

I bought a jar of pear jam last year. It had a strange flavour... Kinda like pears, but not like pears. Twas very strange, but it did match up well with roast pork as a change from apple sauce. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »

Do ya think she's cookin' squirrel? Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Heather Buttercup aka Resident Smart A@@

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »

Frightening enough but I know exatly how to clean them & cook them Smiley Pepaw likes them fried  Roll Eyes After you skin them & cut off their tail they look like murdered cats Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

This has all left me in a state of flabbergastation.!!!!! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: