Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 28, 2024, 07:21:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

IN MEMORY OF OUR DIAMOND LIL

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IN MEMORY OF OUR DIAMOND LIL  (Read 494 times)
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

Recently, my manager retired in Des Moines and they just gave his job over to our service tech, Greg, in North Carolina.  I told Greg yesterday that I wouldn't be upset if some long distance jobs came up...like Maryland, West Virginia or further.  Hell, I'm trying to figure out what to do for meals now...should I buy groceries and cook and clean up for just me, or eat out?  If I'm on the road, the company pays the meal.

Report Spam   Logged

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what to do for meals now

TV dinners, and anything you can put in the microwave is what I would probably do. Hungry Man is a brand of TV dinner they sell down here and there's a reasonable selection. I would go to the supermarket and buy a months supply at a time along with other varieties of goodies that'll cook in the 'ping box'. 

There's no washing up apart from the eating irons you used, no prep time, some of them will even 'cook' during the length of time of a commercial break on the TV, Frozen Philly cheese steak is one of them and there are many others. As for the clean up just for you part, yes I think you should keep the place clean or else you'll end up living in a dump, but there again I think I would cover most everything in dust sheets in the rooms I wouldn't be using and close the doors to them to minimise cleaning up duties.

As I used to do many years ago in my bachelor apartment days I would make up the bed and never sleep in it, preferring instead to use a sleeping bag and sleep on top of it. That way you never have to make the bed up again for a long time.

Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Ms JoJo
FuzzyLogic Photographer in Chief.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »

Awww Bill......  One day at a time...  Just take care of yourself those girls and grandchildren will need you even more now...  But take time for you too....  Travelling may be good...  Hot pockets for dinner....  Yuck but hey my kids and hubby like em...

And Fuzzy......  I NEVER make my bed, too much work...  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 09:54:15 am »

I do TV dinners alot when Gene is not home.  Good way to get a variety with out cooking.  Gotta watch out for the sodium though.
Report Spam   Logged
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 10:17:13 am »

I honestly can't stand Hungry Man or a lot of other frozen foods, so I don't think that would be an option for me.  Hell - when Wanda was at the nursing home, almost all her meals were Swanson - and crap, nothing but salt and other stuff I can't pronounce.

But I've always loved cooking, so I know that I'll end up cooking anyway.  I guess the plus side is that I can eat more seafood now, even calf liver and lamb - stuff Wanda wouldn't eat, so I rarely had at home.  It's stuff I can cook on the grill so I won't need to dirty many pans.  I was looking at scallops and shrimp and thinking of poaching the two in a garlicky tomato and pepper sauce and serving over pasta.

But I might do a night out on Friday or Saturday just so I can be around people.

Before Wanda came home from the hospital, I took down the waterbed that I'd built for us in the mid 80's.  I knew that she and I were never going to be using it again and I had no plans to re-use it afterwards, so I threw out the mattress (though I had toyed with using it for a liner...) and tossed the frame into the wood pile.  I slept on an air mattress next to her in the room.  But I couldn't stand the air mattress - seems I was always sweating in it and, around 3 or 4 in the morning I'd wake up and couldn't go back to sleep again.

So this week I bought a super-single (the waterbed verson of a twin mattress - it's a little wider) and some wood for the frame.  Total for the mattress, safety liner and wood was about $160, compared to about $600 I was looking at for a twin with mattresses.  And last night I slept through the night again.

But I bring this us because I always made the water bed so that the sheets and comforter would keep the heat in the bed.

Plus I'm just rambling.

Report Spam   Logged

Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 10:29:21 am »

Sounds like a plan.....

Isn't it nice to get a good nights sleep?

Ramble on...It is good for the soul. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:50 pm »

I sort of miss our old waterbed. It's easier to get out of a regular bed though especially after I got bulging disks in my lumbar Smiley

I love Heathy Choice dinners, really low sodium, fresh, crisp veggies and a low cal fruity dessert ...that's my lunch staple.
Report Spam   Logged
julie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 06:03:06 am »

Hello WR,

I am so very sorry to hear that Wanda lost her battle with cancer.  Regardless of the many times you and I were at odds, I want you to know that my thoughts are with you.  My best to you and your family...XOXO...Julie
Report Spam   Logged
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:30 am »

I never had problems getting in and out of the waterbed, even drunk...thankfully.

In fact, while everyone insisted we should go with motion control, we hated that and ended up with a non-baffled, full wave mattress. We loved the motion.

Hello, Julie - and thank you for the thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

cindy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:45 pm »

Bill, watch the sodium in the frozen meals and canned soup, just unbelievable.

Hugs and you are in my prayers for strength.
Report Spam   Logged
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 09:01:26 am »

I know, Cindy - it's horrible.  I love salt, but I don't drink ocean water and do my best to stay away from processed foods.
Report Spam   Logged

SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »

It's been a year now. I really miss Lil  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 04:09:55 am »

I still think about Diamond Lil (Wanda) with fondness, and miss her too.
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 04:15:34 am »

Me too..I wish she was still here.. Cry

She was genuine, sweet and a lot of fun and I miss her.
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 05:22:43 am »

She was fun.  Hard to believe it's been a year already. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: