Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
April 20, 2024, 07:57:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

A day trip out.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A day trip out.  (Read 56 times)
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »

Yesterday with the weather where we live forecast to be hot and humid we decided to head in to the mountains for a cooler day. LOL.. That was a mistake as it turned out to be as hot up there as it was at home. One good part was that we had the radio in the car set to AM and we were picking up radio stations from all over depending where we were in the mountains. A couple I remember were one from Oregon and one from New Jersey, I preferred the music on the Oregon one.

We didn't do much except drive around lookung at the views, houses and gardens, although we did go to a massive antique mall that had these cool old vee hickles parked inside and outside the entrance....

There wasn't a lot of protection from the weather for the drivers of that truck.

I couldn't help but think that Jo Jo would love to have one of those old machines in her yard. Grin

This one was inside the entrance, it's a tad fuzzy as someone gave me the slightest of nudges as they passed me by. I shoulda taken another, but you can see what it's supposed to be.

Once inside we walked around for two hours or so, great exercise, although even after all that time we still didn't get to see everything in the place. I bought a couple of old 1930's brown beer bottles mainly because they had come all the way from Britland to end up in that small town in the mountains of NC.

A first for me on the day was a visit to a Huddle House for lunch where I had a surprisingly tasty BLT. It was so good that I nearly ordered another one and I would have done if Dez hadn't have given me the 'evil eye'. Grin

We hit another couple of antique outlets during the rest of the day as we wended our way back out of the mountains on our way home. All in all a pleasant day out as long as we were in the car with the A/C running full blast. Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

Cool vee hickles  Cheesy  Sounds like a good day.
I love it that Dez has you trained so well.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »

It was a good day apart from the heat. We've both reached a stage in life where we don't do heat at all well. The decision was made on the way home to go back in the cooler fall weather to give it another try when hopefully we can spend more time out of the car.
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: