Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 29, 2024, 10:32:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Question for Pam

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Pam  (Read 141 times)
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 05:57:48 am »

It's got to be better than Vista.   I haven't heard bad things about it yet, so it must be OK.  Problem is, my embroidery softwared is not supported and will not work on Windows 7......or I'd upgrade.  I think with W7 premium, though, you can operate in XP mode so that might be a possiblity if I ever have to change.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 06:13:16 am »

Good gord I'm going to have to get in to this 'puter peak stuff. It seems everyone else here understands it but me. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »

Theoretically newer is better Fuzzy  Cheesy As long as you have Service Pack 3 in Windows XP you can still receive Microsoft Security updates until April 2014 and theoretically keep the computer safer. There is no real need to update unless you just want to have the newest...unless Microsoft no longer supports your operating system. You can still run older versions, you are just more at-risk of infection.

To find out if you have Service Pack 3, you should right-click on the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop and left click on Properties. Look down toward the bottom of the General tab and you'll see whick SP (Service Pack) you are running. Support ended on SP 2 back in July.
Report Spam   Logged
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

With over 20 years in the business, you'd think MS would have upgrades down to a science ESPECIALLY with lessons learned from ME.

But then again, there's millions of people whose first reaction to a new MS release is to find fault with it...some of whom don't even use an MS machine.  I listened for months as people complained about Vista and was scared of it.  But I have it in V's machine and mine and I've no problems with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 01:21:26 am »

We're on XP with auto update set to happen when needed. I'm not unhappy with the operating system we have and have never been unhappy with any windows system since I got my first computer.

That being the case I'll stay the way we are until windows ceases to support it. Who knows, there might be some other system being put about by then.

Thanks for the advice. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 03:47:14 am »

I like XP alot Fuzzy, but they don't get to sell anything if they don't make the latest and greatest.  Vista would be great if it weren't such a memory hog and so slow with all the security crap.
Report Spam   Logged
werner

Now more than ever

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 04:08:12 am »

I've been using Windows 7 for a year and a half now starting with the beta version. I can't really say it's better than XP, glossier and glitzier, yes, but, somewhere I read that MS will stop supporting XP soon.

Then again, they may just be trying to sell more 7,s, not a new strategy for MS.
Report Spam   Logged

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Sean Qendra

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 04:52:46 am »

A lot of the people that sing live on Second Life have found that the Shoutcast DNAS, which they use to broadcast, doesn't work with 7.  It's not unusual - many, many OS's have issues like this since the days of MS-DOS and AmigaDos, but it's why I wait.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 09:23:56 am »

I'll wait as well. I'm a creature of habit and don't want to change from something I know, to something new, just for the sake of change.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 09:13:26 am »

Well, new HDD is in and everything is running fine.  Keyboard is still shot, but I have gotten used to the USB keyboard.  All is good.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm here because you broke something.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:16 pm »

Ah, that is great news! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: