Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
April 19, 2024, 09:18:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Anyone have experience with removing....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have experience with removing....  (Read 114 times)
Ruth

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:58:44 am »

TROJAN DOS/ Alureon.A  ?   This one is a bear and Microsoft doesn't even have a fix for it. 
I went on to the forums and a lot of them say use a Kasperskey TDDS killfile but I go on to Kasperskey's website and it doesn't even come up for it....so I don't want to use the 3rd party sites that I see it on. 
This thing made my computer have problems starting up....blue screen and all of a sudden it would just stop working.  Couldn't even do a Control Alt Delete to bring up Task Manager.   I'm using Windows 7.   I installed Windows Security Essentials last night and it won't get rid of it.    They don't really have a fix for it other and doing a recovery ....but I think it's still there it my working drive would just be a different partition.  I could be wrong, because I know enough to be dangerous. Cheesy
PAM?Huh??? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 06:40:00 am »

Damn Ruth it seems like you picked up a bad one. I did a lot of searching for an answer for you, but nothing I've seen or read seems to give any certainty of success.

Is it time to treat yourself to a new computer? Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:59:27 am »

You're right Fuzzy! Microsoft has known about this one for a long time......and they don't have a fix for it.  Good news is, I think it is taken care of ....I had to call India and talked with a very nice gentleman who I think has taken care of the problem for a mere $104.90.  Money well spent if it does the trick.  My boss had good luck taking his computer to Staples to get it fixed and I considered doing that, but called them today and the guy said "oh we have all sorts of virus removal software and we should be able to take care of it".  ......Right..... didn't want to pay as much as I did but would have had to pay Staples and he said it might be 72 hours......    Malwarebytes would find it but it wouldn't remove it.   The next time you booted up, it would be Ok for a little while but then would fail.....so I just know he would have thought it was taken care of, but I have my doubts that it would have been.   The MS guy did use the Kaspersky TDDS to get rid of it but it didn't work.....then he had to use Hitman Pro36_x64.exe   and I think that took care of it.   
Thanks for looking though

Geee I hope this is taken care of - it was a bad one!
Report Spam   Logged
Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:20:18 am »

I don't kow why these people do this...Obviosly they have nothing better to do than harrass the public... Weird way to get their kicks. Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 07:41:04 am »

I've always thought that too Dez.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:33:57 am »

Sheesh... It seems that everywhere I've looked no one has come up with an answer to it yet. Angry
Report Spam   Logged

SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:18 am »

Kapersky TDDSkiller is located here http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility

instructions are here http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

I have not heard of TROJAN DOS/ Alureon.A  until I googled it. Major Geeks is a reputable site for help.

Here are their instructions:  http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=35
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:14:15 am »

There are many sites reporting that Kapersky TDDSkiller isn't working on this trojan for those that tried it.

Good luck Ruth.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:29:04 am »

Thanks Pam.....
I think we finally got it.
But the TDSSKiller didn't get it completely.....we had to run the Hitman Pro36_x64.exe too.  I had been on the major geeks site...but my trouble is I'm afraid to try some things...because you don't know when they are gonna drop something worse on your computer. Undecided  I kept seeing the Kasperky referal, but when I went on their site, I tried search for the virus and nothing came up....so I was leary about trying that anyway.  I could not find the link you provided on their site Pam....I probably would have tried that.....but I was impatient because this has been going a while. so I broke down and called MS.   I also told them they should have a fix for it for now because it is an old known issue!     Thanks for giving me those links....I will feel better about trying them if we have another problem.
Report Spam   Logged
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »

You can trust instructions from Major Geeks not to drop anything else on you. I wouldn't reccomend them otherwise. We use Major Geeks for downloads at work sometimes on our own computers...they are that reputable  Grin

Glad you got it fixed  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:53 pm »

WTG Ruth. I hope you gave that guy at MS a rocket up his ass. Well done to Pam for pointing you in the right direction. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 03:42:11 am »

Actually Fuzzy, the guy from MS was the one who got me straightened out.  The only rocket I wanted to light under him was to tell him that MS should have already had a fix for this and they don't.  They are using other companie's software......and that's fine but they should have the fix linked on their website.  Had I have waited to hear Pam's reply I may have gotten this straightened out.  I hate computer problems.....especially when it is something of that nature.
Glad to know that about Major Geeks Pam....  Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: