Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
April 19, 2024, 07:03:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Oh Pam.............

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Pam.............  (Read 74 times)
Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:52 am »

About a week we ago we downloaded a bunch of updates..Ever since we have to log into
everywhere. We can not save anything..It is a pain to have to log into all the sites we go to everyday...

Is there anything that can be done? It is like something has changed all of our settings as far as saved user ID's ect.
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:38:12 am »

We even have to log in here again if we make the mistake of closing it down instead of minimising. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

I am assuming Internet Explorer 9 since I can't remember which browser that you use.

Disable/Enable Cookies in IE9
1. Open Internet Explorer 9
2. Click on the Tools icon on the very right at the top and then on Internet Options:

3. Next, at the top switch to the tab Privacy and click on the Advanced button:

4. Now, you can Allow or Block First-Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies. Additionally you can always enable Session Cookies.

Recommendations: Block third-party cookies, Accept first-party cookies and Always allow session cookies. Explanations below!

What are First-Party Cookies?
First-party cookies are from website that you are currently visiting. Let’s say you head over to microsoft.com to download the latest updates for Windows then all cookies from microsoft.com are considered first-party cookies because the source of the cookie matches the website that you visited.

What Are Third-Party Cookies
Following this pattern, if you visit microsoft.com and Microsoft loads some adverts from intel.com because of their partnership with Intel, then all cookies from intel.com will be considered third-party cookies, because they do not match the original source and are loaded from an external party.

Should I Disable First-Party or Third-Party Cookies?
Third-party cookies from spam sites often contain only malware and spyware cookies, so it is recommended to disable third-party cookies and enable first-party cookies. If you also disable first-party cookies you will often have to enter your password and other form data over and over again. Usually, first-party cookies are more safe than third-party cookies, but they can also contain malicious code.

All that being said...I enable third party cookies but I have a tech in the house if something goes south. Sorry but I am rushed this morning and need to jump in the shower  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:27:39 am »

Well, I did that...It did have 1st and 3rd parties checked..and not sessions.

I checked 1st party and sessions, but it still isn't working Sad,,Oh well, thank you anyhoo,
I appreciate the info. Grin.

If I go back to another time (like last month) will it remove any updates?
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:52 am »

Sorry, just getting back to this. You should be able to go back just to the day before the update and be good.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:50 am »

For some reason having to have to log in to frequent visit sites pisses Dez off, me.... I could care less and just go with the flow. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: