Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 28, 2024, 10:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Tuesday is Garbage Day - Again

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday is Garbage Day - Again  (Read 2451 times)
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2019, 06:56:49 am »

Today started off around 0645.  Up and at-em (sort of).  Shower finished and morning meds taken it was time for Ginger's morning walk.  We headed off to the preserve and found our favorite parking space vacant.  Yea!  It is close to the trail and at the end of the parking spots line.  That way I can park over the line and have one half of the parking spot for Ginger to get out and in to the car.  A bit cool this morning, somewhere in the mid 50's.

Walk finished we headed for home.  Plenty of time to open the side gate for the handyman along with time to check morning email.  He shows up just before 0900 and gets to work.  We are working in an area where we will be installing a new gate in the back fence.  So that is taking some time to figure the placement of the gate along with the width size.  Then to make things interesting we have a twisted and bent post(s) to work around.  Work around as in replace to keep the fence line mostly straight.  I leave him to it.

I head inside to load the garbage into the grey cart, the recycle stuff into the blue cart.  Then I start on the front yard with the leaf blower.  Of course first I have to line the trailer with a blue tarp to make it easier to unload the leaves.  That done I complete getting the leaves into a pile.  I then rake them onto a drop cloth for transport to the trailer.  The front yard leaves fill up one half of the trailer.  Then I remember there are a large number of branches from an overgrown shrub/hedge alongside the house.  I had to cut them out of the way for access to a sprinkler repair man.  That took me about 10 trips to the trailer.  The branches laid about 3' above the sides of the trailer...until I strapped them down with my el cheapo ratcheting cargo straps from Harbor Freight.  The strap brings the load down to about 6 inches above the sides.  I then cover the load with a blue tarp so I can head to the transfer station.  I use an elastic cargo net to hold the covering tarp down.  At the transfer station I am informed that their credit/debit card access is not operating.  Luckily I have the cash which makes the lady behind the window happy.  Then I drive to the dump site.  Get the trailer backed in okay and off loaded.  Off loading is easy because all I have to do is unstrap everything, lower the tail gate, grab a hold of the blue tarp liner and pull.  It all slides off the trailer easily.  Then I roll up the straps, cargo net, and tarps prior to heading for home.

The handy man and I confer about the size and location of the gate once again.  He will be working on the gate tomorrow.  Also need two more posts for replacement along with a bag or two more of concrete mix.  The good news is we are about half way finished.  It has been slow going these past few days on the fence building.  What with one thing or another we have only been able to complete 16' each day instead of the planned 32'.  Once the gate is finished we will be able to get back to the 32'.

Handyman leaves for the day.  I move all three carts out to the street.  We-being Kathy had filled the green waste cart with branches and other trimmings on Sunday.  I head inside where I found a message from our computer folks.  It seems my 10 year old laptop will take at least 3 hours to load windows 10.  I can buy a new one for just a little bit more.  Apparently my laptop is very slow operating wise.  So I head off to pick it up and bring it home.  No charge for figuring it out.

I stop off at the corner market to pick up a side dish to go along with our crock pot cooked pork rib meat.  Good stuff leftovers.  Easy supper clean up.  After supper we will chat a bit and probably watch some TV or maybe read.  But at least I this missive finished for this week.

I swear it don't get no better!
Report Spam   Logged

Never anger the God of Perversity or Murphy, who is His Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: