Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 29, 2024, 12:01:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Our neighbor was on the Garden Club tour last weekend

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our neighbor was on the Garden Club tour last weekend  (Read 82 times)
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:11:29 am »

We've been working like crazy spiffing up our gardens so we didn't look like "those neighbor's"  Grin Our rainwater harvesting tanks were an added attraction to her gardens and I showed the system to about 30 people during the tour. I have some pictures although my garden is not garden club material. I have developed a love of native and low water plants so that my environmental impacts are lower. My style is not everyone's cup of tea Cool

The Dry Garden:

This is Inland Sea Oats in the foreground, they grow wild around here near shady creek beds.

This is the continuation of the dry garden or area between my driveway and the neighbor. You know, the 18 foot wide by 50 foot long no man's land that I don't want to water much. It features Turks Cap (pink to the left, red to the right) and I finally committed to placement of my spineless cactus.

We recycled our old rusty bottomed fire pit and showcased small cacti and my much beloved squid agave

My neighbor's cat Sarge loves the feather grass

The Woodland Garden

This is a dappled shade garden. Not enough light for a lawn. My rainwater tank runs soaker hoses to supplement water to my ferns. I love the plants in these pictures. Please try to avoid looking at the boxwood near the foundation. We gave them a hard prune and they have 2 months to look better or get shovel pruned.

A distance view of the front patio. We actually sit out here and say hi to our neighbors that walk around the block. The house needs paint. We want to get rid of the chalet style trim work. One of the 250 gallon rainwater tanks is behind that privacy fencing on the middle right.

Random areas of spiderwort, yarrow, ruellia and American beautyberry. Groundcover is ajuga and horseherb with some sedums here and there.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:35:52 am »

Looks very nice and bet everyone to hear about your system
Report Spam   Logged
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:26:03 am »

I just found this...it seems the forum appears just below the bottom of my screen.  I had forgotten it was there.  Now that I know for certain sure I will check the whole page more often.

What a great undertaking!  I wish I had half of your (and everyone else) talent and drive.  I really like the layouts and the plant variety.  Nice job.
Report Spam   Logged

Never anger the God of Perversity or Murphy, who is His Prophet.
SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:29:53 am »

Thank you all! It's coming along and closer to what I want than it's ever been.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 06:55:22 am »

The garden looks great Pam... Good job. I like the style of it as anything that cuts down on watering and weeding works for me.
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: