Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 28, 2024, 10:06:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

It Ain't Really Summer Until the Fires Strike with a Vengeance

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It Ain't Really Summer Until the Fires Strike with a Vengeance  (Read 258 times)
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2018, 06:06:18 am »

Today, with temperature in the low 70's, was another Red Flag Warning day.  Very strong winds.  Two homes were destroyed or heavily damage in the middle of my side of town.  About two miles from my home.  The fire started in a vehicle parked in a carport between two homes.  The high winds fed the flames and spread the fire from one home to the next.

Then there is the Camp fire in Butte County to the east of Chico.  It has grown to over 18,000 acres in 10 hours.  Strong winds once again fanning the flames.  Homes lost and burn injuries. 

The rains can't come soon enough for me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:50:54 am by Steve E. » Report Spam   Logged

Never anger the God of Perversity or Murphy, who is His Prophet.
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018, 01:22:59 am »

As of 1100 hours today the Camp Fire has burned 70,000 + acres with 5 fatalities.  It is only 5% contained.  It may very well burn into the town of Chico.  The community of Paradise is reported as destroyed.  It was a beautiful area. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 09:41:15 pm »

So sad that these fires are burning with no end in sight.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2018, 06:53:57 am »

As of 0930 this morning the fire had grown to 100,000 + acres.  Still listed as 9 fatalities but what is left of Paradise is being searched by foot for any additional.

Then the fire weather is not lessening much.  There is a Red Flag Warning from 2000 hrs tonight until Monday morning.  And now the fire management staff is worried the winds will spread the fire south and east to the town of Oroville, 20 km away.  To hit Oroville it will have to cross Lake Oroville.

My brother firefighters are becoming stretched thin, both in staffing levels and the stress to their bodies and minds.

This type of fire weather is just NOT normal in my area for this time of the year. Angry Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 11:54:52 am »

The reports on the Camp Fire just keep getting worse.  The death toll is now at 48 and words fail me. The local paper has some stories with statements from the Butte County Sheriff.  Not good.  And the fire is only 30 % contained so far.  Keeps growing.  At least the winds have died down significantly.  Day time temps are in the 70's with nights in the low 40's.  But with fuels very dry it is not good.
Report Spam   Logged

SimplyPam
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2018, 09:09:37 pm »

Such destruction and loss of life in these fires. Our local firefighters have gone out to help fight alongside you all.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2018, 03:41:51 am »

Thank you for reminding me about the Mutual from other states, just kept forgetting to list it.  From the Redding Record Searchlight:

Fire crews from at least seven other states are joining in the fire-fighting effort, the California Fire Chiefs Association said Wednesday. Here’s the breakdown of out-of-state fire engines:

Oregon: 75
    Texas: 55
    Washington: 45
    Utah: 26
    Montana: 20
    New Mexico: 7
    Idaho: 6

A total of 5,615 fire personnel were assigned to the Camp Fire as of Wednesday, including 630 fire engines, 74 water tenders, 23 helicopters, 99 hand crews and 105 bulldozers.
Report Spam   Logged

Steve E.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2018, 10:30:53 am »

It is supposed to rain starting tomorrow.  We will see.  I hope so and hope it is enough rain to stop this fire.  The death toll just keeps growing.  The Redding Record Searchlight news paper does have some informative articles.

Me I'm still at a loss for words.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: