Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 28, 2024, 08:23:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

How was Your Memorial Day?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How was Your Memorial Day?  (Read 31 times)
Steve E.

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:42:33 am »

Mine started of a bit early, well not too early.  I checked my email and then did some self consideration of those who served and did not make it home.  Two very good friends were lost in Vietnam.

Then it was time to head out to pick up my refills for my medications.  That included a stop at Home Depot for some shrubbery herbicide.  I needed that to get rid of the last two crap myrtles in our yard.  We planted 5 of these crap myrtles when we built our home.  I call them by this name as we weren't told that this shrub attracts aphids like a magnet attract iron, they shed leaves and flower petals all summer long, and grow, grow.  Finally got them cut down and 3 of the five killed off last spring/summer.  The last two we sprayed today.  Kathy helped me spread plastic drop cloth over the surrounding shrubbery to protect same.  Her help made the task go 3 times faster than if I had done it by myself.

I also headed out to buy some strawberries.  First I headed south to one of our local strawberry patches, they were closed.  Then I headed north to the other end of the city for another local patch...closed also.  Okay, I really want some strawberry shortcake tonight.  So I stop at the corner market.  They only have some pricier "organic" strawberries.  They don't look like they are all the way ripe but I figure I can still get some fruit out of them.  Back home it is into the sink to soak a bit.  As I begin to remove the leaves and core I quickly discover that they are not really ripe.  Silly me.  I figure these things were picked before any ripening and placed in a gaseous atmosphere to "ripen".  I know this can be done.  Oh well...there is some strawberry flavor and I added splenda for sweetener.  Lesson learned.

Before I sit down to write this note I take some more time to think. 

We will have a nice supper, some TV, and desert.  All the while enjoying just being together.

Never forget those who serve and pay the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
Report Spam   Logged

Never anger the God of Perversity or Murphy, who is His Prophet.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: