Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Logic
March 29, 2024, 06:56:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Fuzzy Logic Forums

Home Help Search Links Login Register  

Is everyones camera broken?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is everyones camera broken?  (Read 380 times)
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:58:20 pm »

I had hoped to see lots of pics of gardens and flowers as the winter came to an end and the seasons moved on. Cry
Report Spam   Logged

A member of that vast right wing conspiracy and Governor of the 57th State.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:22:05 am »

They might well be, but mine isn't. Grin

Nothing special, just some pics. Tongue

Midday and this Romagne heart went in to the koi pond.....

Two hours later they had it down to this.....

There's some weird looking reflections from the new cover over the pond. I think they look kinda cool. Grin

Mimosa trees... Who likes 'em... Me!!

It's the fuzzy flowers that do it for me.... Ya get it?.... Fuzzy flowers. ha ha ha ha. Roll Eyes 'sides that, the hummers seem to like them.

The tree is still quite small as it was planted a couple of years ago as a miserable looking twiglet with a few leaves on it.

Ya want Lilies? I've got Lilies...

Stella D Oro on the bottom and White Easter Lilies poking out the top makes a nice sight.

I'm not sure what this little plant is called, Dez thinks it's some sort of Salvia. Whatever it is it puts on a great display.....

Chrysanthemums here always surprise me, this one is no different, as what is a fall flowering plant back where I come from is just coming in to full flower ahead of the main part of summer....

I bet you can't work out the colour scheme we aimed at around the pond area....

LOL.... You caught it huh? Cheesy Dez likes to use the red to attract the hummers to the garden. Cool

It changes and grows and grows and changes. A look up toward the house....

And lastly... A pic of a little flower bed we got going last spring. I think it's coming along nicely.

And lastly lastly I just learned we're having Meat loaf for din dins tonight. Cool Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:29 am »

Fuzzy flowers!  How I miss them.  The mimosa's are borderline hardy around here....and ours didn't make it a few years ago.  Again, you all are quite a bit ahead of us in the season......it's nice to see. Everything looks so nice.
So, does the Fuzzy board have plenty of space for pictures now, or should we still use another site to download them from?  Not that I have a plethora of great pictures or anything, but I have not used any other site to store pictures.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:39:51 am »

I don't know how much space the board has for photos Ruth, but post away with yours and if it reaches the limit we'll do something about it. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Heather Buttercup aka Resident Smart A@@

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:17:50 am »

Nope my camera is not broken. I took these this week Smiley

Weird Grass

Gardenia

Morgan in pink & brown at dance

Shelby at dance & some boy because her boyfriend is an ass & left her there. It was OK because she found this one rather quickly! Roll Eyes

Emma graduated Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

This has all left me in a state of flabbergastation.!!!!! Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:46 am »

opps Shelby pic didn't make it to the last post.
Report Spam   Logged

Ms JoJo
FuzzyLogic Photographer in Chief.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:53 am »

Great Photos... Both of you... I really like the Mimosa flowers...
Report Spam   Logged

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
Dez

Bitter 38 Clinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:13:31 am »

Love the pics...Aren't teenage boys, little s**ts... Grin

What grade is Emma graduating from?
Report Spam   Logged

U.S. citizens legally own 270 million firearms. This makes Americans hard to police without consent.
Tristan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 03:56:59 am »

Mimosa trees... Who likes 'em... Me!!

Here's a very African one for you....

Strictly speaking an Acacia and not a Mimosa but the taxonomy of these two has often been very confused, apparently the only reliable way of differentiating them is to count the number of stamens in the flowers. Anyway, from the same family and share the same pinnately compound leaf structure, and the same 'fuzzy ball' compound flowers.

This is Acacia karroo and something of an icon in the dry hinterland of Southern Africa.

Those thorns are a necessary adaptation for plants with palatable leaves in an arid world...

The leaves are apparently sweet, as this is locally known as "Soetdoring" or 'sweet thorn'.

The bugs of course, aren't held back by any thorns and have a predilection for 'fuzzy balls' too...

Took me forever to get the 'Bugslife" pose I wanted.  Grin

Giraffe have adapted a browsing technique in Acacia treetops that seems to beat the thorny defense. Having 18" tongues must help.

That tongue has other obvious uses too, especially when your fingers are about 18 feet away.

Thanks for looking.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:02:16 am by Tristan » Report Spam   Logged
Ms JoJo
FuzzyLogic Photographer in Chief.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:26 am »

So does the Mimosa have thorns too?   

I would love to photography a Giraffe, how cool is that...   Grin Grin

Love the pictures...
Report Spam   Logged

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:29:17 am »

No thorns on our Mimosa Jo Jo, but then again we don't have giraffes running wild here in SC. Grin

Really nice photos Tristan. They do show the difference between our el cheapo camera and a good camera.
Report Spam   Logged

Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 07:45:55 am »

Wow!  We're not in Kansas anymore are we?   Very cool pictures Tristan.
Heather I really like the white rose or whatever it is.  And your girls love that camera.
I was hoping to capture our deer in the background when I shot this clematis but they went to the fence row.  It has totally overtaken the trellis and this  picture was taken from the back to show all of the bloom......totally blown out but I'm using a point and shoot and I'm posting for content not quality. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Fuzzy
Administrator

Just another dirtball.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 08:45:16 am »

WOW..... Now that's what I call a great show of Clematis. Cool
Report Spam   Logged

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 09:00:49 am »

Wow!  We're not in Kansas anymore are we?   Very cool pictures Tristan.
Heather I really like the white rose or whatever it is.  And your girls love that camera.
I was hoping to capture our deer in the background when I shot this clematis but they went to the fence row.  It has totally overtaken the trellis and this  picture was taken from the back to show all of the bloom......totally blown out but I'm using a point and shoot and I'm posting for content not quality. Grin
I love the clematis!!  The black & white flower is a gardenia.
Report Spam   Logged

Tristan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 02:45:21 am »

Really nice photos Tristan. They do show the difference between our el cheapo camera and a good camera.

Thanks Fuzzy, I'll take that as a compliment because I'm sure that you meant it as one.
(Might I mention that I spent about twenty minutes on each of those pictures before I posted them?)

I would like to refer you to this article written by the most clicked-on photographic reviewer on the web entitled Your Camera Doesn't Matter.

He makes a very strong case for the camera itself being relatively unimportant in what makes a great photo.
What he writes is very thought provoking and is aimed at people who believe that the newest and best camera is essential if you want to get good pictures.

I'm sure he is right because the two lady photographers on this forum both bought the cheapest entry-level Nikon DSLRs at the time (now outdated) and are able to promote their services professionally. Any "what camera do you have" doubters and snobs can be usefully referred to this article.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: